Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Invisible Man

My first thought when I heard this movie was coming out was why? Then adjectives like ridiculous, dumb, and needless floated around inside my noggin. But then I noticed that Elisabeth Moss was attached to it and I thought, well maybe I shouldn't be all so judgmental. But a spring release of a horror movie is never good. Then I noticed it's directed and written by Leigh Whannell - he is not a household name. This is James Wan's (SawThe Conjuring) buddy who he started out in Hollywood with. Leigh Whannell directed and wrote a highly underrated sci-fi film entitled, Upgrade in 2018 (if you haven't seen it, check it out, it's a lot of fun).Leigh is a good writer, maybe even a great genre writer for this type of material. He elevates the horror genre the same way that Hitchcock did. The Invisible Man is a film Hitchcock would have been proud to have made. Yeah, I really enjoyed myself. What's it all about? Elisabeth Moss plays Cecilia, who is in a horrible abusive relationship with a brilliant, rich, sociopath who happens to be a leader in the field of optical technology. Cecilia splits and guess who shows up, invisible douche bag. The whole thing is rather transparent (I couldn't help myself). However Whannell really does a fine job keeping us on the edge of our seats. Elisabeth Moss is great in this. I had so much fun with this movie. It's quite clear to me, (snicker) you shouldn't miss seeing (snicker) this one. Catch it on streaming services.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking forward to this since I saw the trailer.

    ReplyDelete