Tuesday, October 10, 2023

The Creator

When "Blade Runner" hit theatres back in 1982, the reviews weren't great. Roger Ebert gave it three stars. I feel like the lukewarm reception critics have given "The Creator" is very similar. I'm here to tell you, this is a five star film. It will be landing on my top ten list of the year. I don't think I've seen a science fiction vision as interesting since Neill Blomkamp's  "District 9" or his underrated "Chappie," George Miller's "Mad Max: Fury Road," or last year's overlooked film, "Vesper." Get your ass out to the theatre and see this on the big screen before it's gone. What's it all about? Artificial Intelligence has nuked L.A. and A.I. is now banned in the U.S. America is now involved in hunting down A.I.'s latest weapon produced somewhere in Asia. It's also a love story, a philosophical exploration on what it means to be a thinking and feeling being, an action film, and one of the most visually stunning sci-fi films I've seen in the last twenty years. Directed by Gareth Edwards, the man who gave us "Rouge One" and 2014's "Godzilla." He has created a masterpiece and I suspect "The Creator" will, like "Blade Runner" only be recognized in the future as one of the great science fiction films of our time. Catch this in theatres now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment