Thursday, May 12, 2022

Outer Range


 Oh boy, giddy up! This is one of best things to come along since "Channel Zero" packed it in; and I LOVED "Channel Zero." I loved this too. "Outer Range" - if it sounds like "The Outer Limits" goes to farm; well you wouldn't be wrong. Yes, this is a sci-fi Western (not normally something I would be drawn to). I tuned in because I'm a big fan of Josh Brolin. I didn't realize Lili Taylor was in it - love her too. The cast is really suburb - Will Patton as Wayne Tillerson was a standout for me. What's it all about? I don't want to give too much away; we have a long standing feud between neighbors, the Abbotts and the Tillersons and now Wayne Tillerson wants a piece of the Abbott's land, the West pasture. On this piece of land, there is a giant hole with a kind of floating fog in it - very mysterious. There is also a homicide and a detective (Tamara Podemski as Deputy Sheriff Joy - she is great!) trying to solve the case. Also there is a mysterious backpacker (Imogen Poots as Autumn) whose motives are unclear. That's all I'm going to tell you. Go watch it! It's so well made and it becomes so strange it feels like David Lynch is pulling the strings - there is some twisted singing! Go saddle up with this show on Amazon Prime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment