Saturday, May 8, 2021

Servant


 Let me tell you about my new favourite thing on TV - Servant. From Producer M. Night Shyamalan - he directed the first episode of Season One. What's it about? It's a about a woman who is a daytime TV reporter and her Chef husband (Dorothy and Sean Turner) who have a new baby, Jericho. They have hired a nanny, Leanne. Leanne is strange. The Turners, well they have an issue with Jericho that I really don't want to explain. I want you to trust me, just watch this. Warning, it's disturbing, twisted, and dark - just my cup of tea. Dorothy's brother, Julian (Rupert Grint) shows up from time to time at their Philadelphia home to polish of some booze and to be the voice of reason - Rupert is fantastic. But even better is Leanne's Uncle George (Boris McGiver) - what a bananas performance; I loved it.

The show is a gorgeous thing to behold. The food that Mr. Turner cooks up is the stuff out of Hannibal - eels, squid, placenta, crickets, lobster ice-cream. And the lighting! The way this show is lit, it's amazing - it's a Renaissance painting; a colour palette of greys; browns and earthy tones. The use of textures and patterns - oh, my - the show is like a gothic flower arrangement. And the dolly camera shots are phenomenal! It simply is the most beautiful show on TV - and likely the most terrifying. 

Catch this horror show on Apple +

No comments:

Post a Comment