Sunday, May 30, 2021

Ted Lasso

 Jason Sudeikis. I knew him from SNL. Goofy, funny. I liked him. Didn't' really have any strong feelings about him. Then I watched "Kodachrome" - something I had wanted to watch for a long time because I'm a huge Ed Harris fan but just hadn't gotten around to it. Sudeikis is great in this dramatic role. (catch it on Netflix). I was really impressed. So I thought, let me give Ted Lasso a try.

Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso; goofy, funny. I loved him. What's it all about? Imagine if Ned Flanders (Homer Simpson's nerdy neighbout) wasn't religious and instead coached American Football. The religious aspect replaced with the power of positive thinking (a taped sign that says "Believe" on the locker room wall), Same dorky moustache and nerdy coaching track suit and same "Okilly Dokilly" can-do attitude, and you there you have Ted Lasso. Then imagine if this American Football coach with the positive attitude were hired by a British Soccer Club owner to intentionally have her soccer club fail as revenge against her louse of cheating ex-husband. Except Ted doesn't know the club is supposed to fail. Ted is here to turn it around, not drive it into the ground. Nobody believes in Ted. But Ted (and maybe his co-coach) believes in himself. Believe. 

Ted Lasso is a fish out of water story and you can't help but be charmed by this Bad News Bears story, even if we have see it a dozen times
before. It's damn charming. Funny too. Jason Sudeikis, goofy, funny, and I loved Ted Lasso. The second season is coming soon. Score a goal and catch this highly likeable show streaming on Apple +. Believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment