Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Coming Home in the Dark


This blog is about great film and TV shows I think you should check out. Part of my job, I feel, is to include those little films you might not have heard about, like Coming Home in the Dark. It's a low budget film out of New Zealand. I would describe it as the family-fun version of Deliverance - if that sounds grim, it is. If you haven't watched Deliverance, I have given you your next film homework assignment. Daniel Gillies play Mandrake, the main villain, the family's tormenter. But all is not quite what it seems when Mandrake starts to interrogate the father about his school teaching past. Good and bad become a little blurry. What remains good the entire film is Daniel Gillies - what a great performance! Is it great enough to be noticed by the Golden Globes? Unlikely but I have my fingers crossed. I thought the ending of the film was slightly weak, but the overall movie is strong enough to recommend here on the Marquee. Be a hostage on this ride and catch it in theatres if possible or on streaming services when available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment