Saturday, January 1, 2022

Best Films of 2021

 I didn't bother make a list last year. There wasn't much to write about. These are my favourite films of 2021. I haven't seen everything so it's more than likely I've missed some great films. Everything here, I've written about on my blog. That's the whole point of the blog, stuff I recommend. This would be a tidy summary (in no real order):

1. The Last Duel 

2. Pig

3. Titane

4. No Time to Die

5. The Rescue

6. The Power of the Dog

7. The Card Counter

8. King Richard

9. C'mon C'mon

10. Summer of Soul

11. A Quiet Place II

12. Army of the Dead

13. Boiling Point

14. Spencer

15. Don't Look Up

16. Nowhere Special

17. Mandibules

18. Raging Fire

19. The Green Knight

20. Malignant

21. The Alpinist

22. Old Henry

23. VAL

24. The Feast

25. The Novice

26. I Care a Lot

27. The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

28. Red Rocket

29. Coming Home in the Dark

30. Swan Song


Honourable mentions:  Kurt Vonnegut: Unstuck in Time, CODA, The Lost Daughter, The French Dispatch, Stillwater, Bestsellers, I'm Your Man

Guilty Pleasures:  Prisoners of the Ghostland, Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon City, Zola, Benedetta, Antlers, Old, Night Teeth, Last Night in Soho 

The Year's biggest disappointments/stinkers: The Matrix Resurrections, Dune, The Beatles Get Back, Jungle Cruise, Candyman, The Electric Life of Louis Wain, The Guilty, Finch, Tick, Tick . . . Boom!, Reminiscence, Cry Macho
















No comments:

Post a Comment