Sunday, February 9, 2020

My top 10 films of 2019



So with the Oscars on tonight, I thought I would give you my top ten movies of 2019. I haven't seen everything (obviously) but I have watched a lot. Here we go:
1) Dragged Across Concrete
2) Uncut Gems
3) Parasite
4) Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
5) The Grizzlies
6) Crawl
7) Midsommar
8) Ford V Ferrari
9) The Peanut Butter Falcon
10) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Honorable mentions go to: Touch Me Not, Just Mercy, Dark Waters, The Report, Between Two Ferns, Brittany Runs a Marathon, Pattleton, Doctor Sleep, UsDolemite is My Name, The Art of Self-Defense, Skin, and The Dead Don't Die

Worst films of 2019:
1917 - technically brilliant and the first 30 minutes are riveting, after that, it's all downhill with no character development. Not why I go to the movies.

The Irishman - the biggest disappointment of the year. An hour too long and the backwards aging looks strange to say the least. If you want to see aging backwards, go watch Terminator: Dark Fate.

Murder Mystery - Adam Sandler is in one of the best films of the year (Uncut Gems), he is also in one of the worst. Go watch Knives Out if you want a murder mystery.

Her Smell - I turned it off after the 30 minutes. Go watch Vox Lux instead

Rainy Day in New York - Woody Allen is completely out of touch with how young people speak and think. I gave up after 30 minutes.

High Life - Robert Pattinson stars in this arty space turd. Terrible.

Guilty Pleasures I'm admitting to:
Rambo: Last Blood - There is no reason for this movie to exist however I found it far more entertaining than The Irishman.

Terminator: Dark Fate - I've enjoyed almost all of the Terminator films and this in no exception. I had fun and I admit it.

Color Out of Space - Nic Cage drinking lama milk and acting off his nut in this completely zany John Carpenter's The Thing ripoff. Completely bananas but gosh darn it, I enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment